How do I use REEF Polling with the i>Clicker 7 software?
Even if you are using a base station to collect student responses you are also able to collect responses from participants who choose to use REEF Polling.
What is REEF Polling?
REEF Polling by i>Clicker is an audience response system which allows you to collect user data in real time. The instructor uses a web-based station application while the students have the option to use web-enabled devices or physical clickers. This chapter will cover how to use REEF Polling when most of your participants are using web-enabled devices.
In case you are still wondering whether you should use i>Clicker or REEF Polling by i>Clicker, here is a helpful chart that might be able to help you make an informed decision.
Fill out all the text fields where appropriate. Once you begin typing in the word "Rutgers" the system will provide the three campuses for you to choose from. If you teach at more than one campus, just select the one where you spend the most time teaching.
Adding Course Information
- Institution: When you begin typing in the word Rutgers, the system will allow you to choose from the three campuses; choose whichever campus where you spend the most time teaching.
- Course Name: You don't have to match the name in Sakai exactly but the more similar it is, the easier it will be for your students to find the course when the time comes to register
- Screen Capture: You can select what you would like the students to see. Selecting the second option limits the students' ability to pass screenshots along to students who are not physically present in the classroom that day.
- Start Date: Choose the correct start/end date for your course.
- Meeting Times: Selecting when your class meets helps the students find your course when registering.
- Click Create
View Course Summary
Confirm that all information is correct. Click "Save"
Note: You may return to this tab if you need to disable REEF Polling or edit the course information displayed
Confirm that REEF Polling is enabled
Students will have to search for your course and add it to their list of courses in the REEF Polling app