Using ProctorTrack online proctoring
ProctorTrack is a system to proctor online tests. It requires students to have a camera and install an application.
As of January 1, 2018, Rutgers Teaching and Learning with Technology will cover all costs associated with use of ProctorTrack at Rutgers University.
Adding the ProctorTrack tool to your Sakai site
You will first need to add the tool to your site.
Click "Site Info" in the left margin
Click "Manage Tools" near the top.
Click "Course Management" to expand section
Check the box next to ProctorTrack
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue
You do not need to choose an icon, you may click "Continue" to skip step
Click "Finish" to save changes
ProctorTrack should now appear in the left margin at the bottom
Preparing your Assessment for use with ProctorTrack
Click "Tests & Quizzes" in left margin
Your assessment must be published and in the "Published Copies" tab
Click "Select Action" and choose "Settings" for the assessment you wish to use with ProctorTrack
In the section labeled "Availability and Submissions", click "Ensure students take exams from specific location" to expand that subsection
Add a password of your choice in the "Secondary Password" section. The password cannot be longer than 6 characters. Note: all students will use the same password that you list here
Click on "About this Assessment" to expand that section
Copy the "Published Assessment URL". It will look similar to this: https://sakai.rutgers.edu/samigo-app/servlet/Login?id=yourname123456. Now you're ready to set up ProctorTrack.
Adding your assessment for proctoring
Click on "ProctorTrack" in the left margin
Click "Continue to External Tool"
You'll get a ProctorTrack Dashboard.
Click the button "Manually Add tests"
This will bring up a form.
Input the information required
- Name: Enter the name of the exam
- Course ID: this field will automatically populate. You do not need to change anything
- Callback URL: Paste the URL you copied from Tests & Quizzes in the prior step
- Username: Enter "N/A"
- Password: Enter the password that you created previously in the Tests & Quizzes
- Onboarding: Check this box ONLY if this assessment is meant to be a trial for students to go through the initial setup prior to their ACTUAL exam. Students will be guided through the various steps to confirm their identity and ensure their system is capable of using ProctorTrack
- Click Create test