Using ProctorTrack online proctoring
ProctorTrack is a system to proctor online tests. It requires students to have a camera and install an application.
By default, students are charged the following rates:
- 1 exam (1 test up to 2 hours) = $17 + $2 credit card processing fee = $19
- 2 exams (2 tests up to 4 hours total) = $26 + $3 onboarding fee + $2 credit card processing fee = $31
- 4 exams (4 hours total) = $33 + $3 onboarding fee + $2 credit card processing fee = $38
If your department is willing to pay instead of the students, you can arrange this with ProctorTrack.
Pricing is valid until January 1, 2018
Adding the ProctorTrack tool to your Sakai site
You will first need to add the tool to your site.
Preparing your Assessment for use with ProctorTrack
Click "Tests & Quizzes" in left margin
Copy the "Published Assessment URL". It will look similar to this: https://sakai.rutgers.edu/samigo-app/servlet/Login?id=yourname123456. Now you're ready to set up ProctorTrack.
Adding your assessment for proctoring
Click the button "Manually Add tests"
This will bring up a form.
Input the information required
- Name: Enter the name of the exam
- Course ID: this field will automatically populate. You do not need to change anything
- Callback URL: Paste the URL you copied from Tests & Quizzes in the prior step
- Username: Enter "N/A"
- Password: Enter the password that you created previously in the Tests & Quizzes
- Onboarding: Check this box ONLY if this assessment is meant to be a trial for students to go through the initial setup prior to their ACTUAL exam. Students will be guided through the various steps to confirm their identity and ensure their system is capable of using ProctorTrack
- Click Create test